Sunday, October 31, 2010

Link Love and Pancakes(GF/DF/SF)!

We had a big home-school adventure Wednesday with some of our friends. As per usual I forgot my camera. Thankfully our friends brought along their cameras and chronicled our trip. It is interesting to read the different ways that everyone wrote up the event.

Canyon Chronicles

SAHMville

The Little Homeschool


Sunday is big breakfast day at our house, usually during the week I don't have the time or energy for baked goods(generally it is some sort of egg dish). However, Sunday morning I splurge and make a nice big breakfast, it is also a big to-do as it is often the only day that Brian will have off all week.

As of late we have been eating pancakes as I have been working on a gluten and dairy free recipe that was simple, easy, fast and yummy. I think I have finally got it how I like so thought I would share. This recipe is not grain-free although generally I do cook grainfree. I also make apple and almond pancakes that are grain-free and will hopefully post those recipes another time.

Gluten/Dairy/Soy Free Pancakes
1 c. sorghum or brown rice flour
1/2 c. starch-tapioca/corn/potato(I use potato)
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp honey(optional)
3/4 c. -1 c. water

Beat eggs and add dry ingredients. Mix in water starting slow and adding depending on the thickness desired. Let batter rest 5 minutes. Cook over medium heat in oil of choice.

These are delicious with fresh maple syrup or fruit spread.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think these would work as a waffle recipe as well? I made waffles, which ended up as pancakes Sunday from a almond flour recipe. I've never have waffles stick, but they did and it was bad. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe. They look and sound very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know my waffle maker is currently out of commission. These are pretty thick as wrote and with all those eggs in there I think it likely would work well, but I haven't used this exact recipe as waffles. I am wanting a cast-iron waffle maker- but it will have to wait! Let me know if you try!

    ReplyDelete