Monday, December 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Trying to return to some semblance of normal here. I am still 'taking off' this week as I just decided, well I wanted to, we did a lot of school during the summer but I felt we needed a break now. So, there you have it!

As I mentioned I am doing Motivated Moms chore list well on Mondays it has - inventory frig and make menu. Happily for me I have been doing my menu plan on Mondays as it is so it works out well. I had vague notions of checking the frig but have been trying to make a more concerted effort at it since I have this reminder to do it. So, this week I will be using up the bag of cranberries in the frig along with some of the lamb that has been in the freezer. Veggies are sparse this week as I need to go to the store however I am trying to stretch it to save some money on the budget.

I absolutely adored the refried beans last I made them so was anxious to put them back on the schedule! I think this time I will be making a double batch even!

Monday: Crockpot Lamb Ribs, Mashed Potatoes and Salad (with cranberry vinaigrette)
Tuesday: Chicken w/ Cranberry glaze, roasted broccoli and baked sweet potatoes
Wednesday: Crockpot Refried Beans, Corn and Cauli Mexi Fried Rice
Thursday: Beef Stew
Friday: Pecan crusted Salmon, Green Beans and Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
Saturday: Leftovers

I seen a recipe over at Elana's today for Cinnamon Pecan Brittle and as I have some pecans that are getting a bit old I thought it would be a wonderful treat for us. I hope to make it this afternoon using raw honey in place of the agave.

No comments:

Post a Comment