Oh, the Holidays. Oh, the craziness. I do enjoy this time of year but it seems harder and harder to keep everything together. I find us slipping into chaos and me trying to keep everything pulled together.I have a vague weekly plan for meals that I have been duplicating-in case you haven't noticed. Sunday I cook a big meal, Mondays is ground meat, Tuesdays is crockpot, Wednesdays is soup/vegetarian, Thursday is beef/roast and Fridays is Fish. I plan for leftovers on Saturday which is nice as every mom likes a day off now and again. This weekend I had so many leftovers I didn't have to cook lunch or dinner on Saturday AND lunch on Sunday as well.
During the week our lunch is pretty plain. I try to plan for one day as fish day- like salmon patties or tuna salad, one day with lunch meat, one day leftovers and hodge podge this and that the rest of the time. We seem to get by one way or the other, sometimes I might throw together a quick soup or stir-fry or maybe an egg dish if we didn't have some for breakfast. Perhaps something with beans or such. This week we will have dinner out on Friday with our friends(hi all!) so I won't be planning a meal for that although I will be bringing a couple of dishes. Last week we had a girl's night at my friend Roxanne's and she made a delicious soup so we are putting that on the menu this week, I hope my family enjoys it as much as we all did.
Monday- Roxanne's Lasagna Soup (I will serve this with pasta on the side for the rest of the family- as I don't generally eat pasta and gluten free pasta doesn't stand up to cooking very well)
Tuesday- Cranberry Beef Roast served with roasted asparagus(I had some extra homemade cranberry sauce put up from Thansgiving I needed to use)
Wednesday- Make your own tacos- Mexican spiced beef and black beans, homemade pico, lettuce, guacamole- crockpot refried beans- these will be served with the grain free bread I made a few weeks back
Thursday- Dorowat Stew- perhaps some homemade Injera( I have had some teff flour to use forever- - I am going to start the batter fermenting today and hopefully it will be ready to go by then)
Friday- Dinner at Janice's
Saturday- Leftovers
No comments:
Post a Comment