Thursday, May 12, 2011

Homemade Breakfast Sausage

I haven't been too exciting here in the cooking department but thought I would share the spice mix I use to make breakfast sausage. Most all commercial breakfast sausage, and even that made by the local butcher contains MSG as I am not too keen on eating this I went searching for a recipe to make it myself. The first recipe I tried was from allrecipes and although highly reviewed I found it horrid, it had sugar in it which did not sit right with me. After a few years and lots of tweaking I now have my recipe just how I like it, hope you enjoy it as well.

Breakfast Sausage
1 lb ground pork
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
2 tsp. ground sage
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
crushed red pepper to taste (optional)- I often put a few sprinkles in per batch

Mix and cook up as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment