My eyes feel like they might fall right out of my head. I've been reading and researching, typing and printing for 3 months now. I am now so close to finishing it I can almost see the end. I hope and pray that this hard work will contribute to a nice and fruitful school year with less planning stress for me and more great living and learning activities for the kids.
Fingers crossed. I have literally printed out about 1000 pages between the two of them of Science and Literature curriculum for Luke and a Leter of the Week for Lily. Pulling together too many resources to count scheduling and rescheduling. Trying to figure out if I can magically make more time in the day, sorry to say I didn't figure that one out! However, I have tweaked our schedule more to work with this season and our current obligations and desires and I think it just might work.
I think I can keep a decently clean house, keep homecooked meals(however simple), homeschool intensively(about 4 hrs a day for everything between them), have time to myself, time for us to have family walks, Bible and prayer time and still get in bed early! I think that in itself is a miracle! I still have time left in the day as well, and hopefully will get to those other activities on my list like teaching them to sew and various other household tasks. We have been doing a trial run the last few weeks and it has went well. Of course I'd like the house cleaner and more time devoted to a multitude of things but it seems that I have found a good compromise in putting it all together.
I wanted to attach my new schedule but I cannot quite figure it out, so I'll do a simple run down, because I'm sure everyone is interested :)
6am- Wake Up- Computer Time(by myself)
6:30- Bible and Prayer Time (by myself)
7:00am-Walk and Exercise (kids up)
7:30-Cook Breakfast, Beds, Rooms and Dishes- everyone does their own room
8:00am- Breakfast
8:30am- Cleaning tasks-rotating- mops, dusting, walls, refrigerator, etc- everyone chips in with different jobs- Prepping crock pot meal if needed
9:00am- School time- Math- Luke- Coloring/Handwork- Lily
9:45am- Reading- Luke, Kumon- Lily
10:00am- SpellingM/W-First Language Lessons T/Th
10:10am- Break/Snack- Fruit/Nuts/Veggies
10:30am- Activity Time- Small inside activity- jumping jacks, hopscotch etc
10:45am- Writing With Ease-Luke/ Cutting and Pasting- Lily
11:00am- Nature/M, History-Geography/T, Science/W-Th
12:00pm- Music-Art Apprection-M, Crafts-T, Tea-Time Cooking-W, Art-F
12:30pm- Lunch(leftovers)
1:00-2:00pm- Read-Alouds- Bible, Literature
2pm-4pm- Quiet Time (hallelujah!)
4-4:30 pm- Handicrafts (sewing and such)
4:30 -5pm- free time
5-6:00pm- Tidying the house and finishing supper
Feeding and Rabbit Care- Laundry
Family time, prayer and bible time and Bed :) Hopefully by 8:30pm for everyone :)
After supper it is family time and of course clearing the table and such. As I said we have been trialing it out and it has worked wonderfully so far. I had to switch around our walking time due to the weather but that has been nice. I have been following the Motivated Moms chore list since last December and really like it. It takes the thinking out of it for me. I love that has the tasks broken down for me and there are little tasks for the kids to help with as well. Of course there comes times when I don't follow it well. I'm never perfect but I'm trying to learn to live and love the imperfections and focus on the priorities.
No comments:
Post a Comment