We are finally on break from school after our summer school session. I have planned for a 3 week break and we will be officially resuming school on August 29th. So, since I know that when school starts it will be much harder to keep up with everything I've been working to make sure everything is in order around here. The entire past week was spent outside since we've had a weather break we're trying to take advantage of it.
We put in a new garden spot. Brian broke the ground with the disc and we(yes we!)then tilled it up. That is a brutal task where I live. We picked up rocks no less than 4 times and then I went back through half of it getting the rows ready and picked up another 7- 5 gallon buckets of rocks. Then there was the shoveling and hauling of the rabbit manure, yes, fun times.
I finally worked some on clearing out in the orchard as well. We had some stumps growing saplings bigger than our trees! I knew it was bad when last week a friend visiting kept asking me what all the trees were and I had to say, well that one, I don't know, it needs to be cut down! The fruit trees that have survived the floods, deer and the droughts are 2 apples, 1 peach, 1 nectarine, 1 fig, 1(or 2 cherry) and 3(or 4) blueberry bushes. The jury is still out on a few of those, which do not look quite alive but not entirely dead either.
I planted my seeds on Tuesday the 16th and as of today most of everything, except the carrots has sprouted. I think I can see a few sprouts from the carrots even but they are so small it is hard to say. The radishes are by far the biggest, hopefully either we enjoy them or the bunnies will.
Speaking of bunnies we now have a new rabbit. A New Zealand buck, to go with our 2 New Zealand does. We have already bred Big Mama, him and Lil Mama are still working things out!
No comments:
Post a Comment