Aww, winter time, soup time, hot tea time. Life seems to be slowly settling back into normal after the craziness of the holidays. I am still in a tizzy about the house, de-cluttering and simplifying, but hopefully am winding down a bit. Although I was just thinking today about how I want to paint the living room, hopefully my dear husband doesn't catch wind!
Todays frig inventory:
bell pepper: 2 green
cabbage: 1/2 head
spinach - 5 oz or so
romaine-2 heads/hearts
1/2 bunch cilantro
carrots-2 lbs
delicata squash- 12 lbs
sweet potatoes
potatoes
onions: red and yellow
celery
cauliflower: 2 heads
asparagus: 1 bunch
I also have frozen and canned green beans, corn and peas. Lamb, beef and chicken in the freezer as well. Last night I made fried "rice" with grated cauliflower, grated cabbage, carrots, onions and chicken- using my coconut aminos and other seasonings. It was absolutely delicious! I made the rest of the chicken with a ginger/honey/sesame/coconut amino marinade and cooked it for another day.
Monday:
Shephard's/Cottage Pie topped with Mashed Potatoes- baked delicata squash, side salad
veggies: carrot, celery, onion, potato, delicata squash, spinach, romaine, carrot, bell pepper
Tuesday:
Moroccan Chicken Soup
veggies: tomatoes(canned) and fresh, cauliflower, artichokes, onions, leftover delicata
I already have my bone broth going as I threw in the back from my chicken last night into the crock pot.
Wednesday:
Southwest Chickpea and Chipolte Soup
veggies: chipolte peppers(from can/frozen- as I only use a few at a time), cilantro, sweet potatoes, peas, celery
Thursday:
Beef Pepper Steak, asparagus, crustless pumpkin pie and salad
veggies: bell peppers, celery, onions, canned tomatoes, asparagus, pumpkin, romaine/spinach, carrots, red onion
Friday:
Veggie Curry w/ Cauliflower Rice
veggies: cabbage, sweet potato, cauliflower, onions, peas
Snacks this week:
celery and p.b.
hummus(will be soaking extra chickpeas tuesday night)
nut crackers
Not sure what else so far I would love a copycat recipe of the sesame seed crepes from Trader Joes but cannot find anything like that so far.
This plan looks like it will take care of my soon to perish vegetables while using some of my storage items as well. Hopefully, I stay on top of things and accomplish that!
No comments:
Post a Comment