It is said that God works in mysterious ways, well today was one of those. Standing in the church vestibule aka cry room with a crying, screaming, baby today I realised my prayers had been answered. Now, what prayer could that be? Well, actually it was two prayers. My prayers for patience and humility.
How better to learn patience then when a screaming baby in church? That is how God works, you don't magically wake up with more patience, God gracious as he is, gives you the chance to practice that virtue and some grace along the way. Ah, the fun. Silly as it was it brought tears to my eyes. I was thinking everyone feels sorry for the poor mom so upset that she is crying. All the while I was thinking how blessed I was to feel God in my life.
I always remember Fr Corapi's words. If you pray for humility, expect to be humiliated.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this. You are absolutely right! I felt this recently myself and know completely what you are talking about~!
ReplyDeleteYes, it was a bit humiliating. However, very heartening as well as I also had lots of commiseration. Another reminder of how imperfect I am.
ReplyDelete