Of course Luke wanted his picture taken after I took hers. He does a good job on his bed as well and his is a lot more complicated. He has to make sure his stuffed animals are put on there just so.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Future Domestic Goddess!
As I posted last week I believe, Lily is generally not fully responsible for making her bed. Usually I have her work on it and then I finish it up or we do it together. Today I sent them both to their rooms to clean and when I went for inspection I was floored. I had to ask Brian if he had helped her to make the bed. The cover had been a big twisted mess before she started. She takes great pride in doing a good job. I had to take a picture I was so impressed. Granted her bed is really simple now with just a cover and 1 pillow, as the other pillow had to be washed from her round of vomiting. I think we will be keeping it pretty simple though so she can continue to take care of it herself.

Of course Luke wanted his picture taken after I took hers. He does a good job on his bed as well and his is a lot more complicated. He has to make sure his stuffed animals are put on there just so.
Of course Luke wanted his picture taken after I took hers. He does a good job on his bed as well and his is a lot more complicated. He has to make sure his stuffed animals are put on there just so.
Labels:
kids responsibilty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It looks like they are really enjoying their rooms. We too are working on this. For us, it's all about baby steps and learning these things helps them to do the next step. Thanks for the good posts and thoughts on these subjects!
ReplyDeleteYes, with kids it is all baby steps! Every kid is so different as well. I think the biggest success comes with realistic expectations and a good attitude. I think we need to be as joyful as we can when we do our work and try to do the best job possible, we want to be a good example!
ReplyDelete