Saturday, November 27, 2010

Grain-Free Apple Nut Cinnamon Muffins

I have been wanting to share this recipe for a little bit, I just keep forgetting to post it. It is a take off of my Pumpkin muffins. This recipe is very simple and easy to make, forgiving as well. Brian actually made the batch that is pictured as I was busy with our Thanksgiving preparations.

Apple Nut Cinnamon Muffins
(Grain/Dairy/Soy Free)
1/2 c. applesauce(unsweetened)
6 eggs
1/2 c. honey
4 T. melted coconut oil
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/4 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1/4 c. chopped apples(optional)

Preheat oven to 400.
1. Mix together applesauce, eggs, honey, oil, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
2. Add coconut flour and baking powder- mix very well.
3. Stir in chopped apples and nuts if using.
4. Pour into muffin tins or cups- makes 9-12.
5. Bake 18-23 minutes or until knife inserted comes clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment