We have started taking walks in the morning at the start of our school day. It seemed if we tried to do them in the middle of the morning we could never get back to school and in the afternoon I wanted them to do quiet time. So, the morning has been a perfect time and what a great way to start the day.
As of late we have been exploring this one section in particular of the National Forest which is right in front of our house. Luke calls it "everyone's land" as that is the best we could explain it.
Lily always has to be at the height of fashion as everyone knows. I love her get-up here. No, I did NOT help her pick out any of that! She insisted on gloves although as it wasn't very cool of course I was stuck carrying them.
The big reason the kids are really enjoying this particular section of forest is all the downed trees. There are a few large trees and some small ones as well that have fallen. These of course make the best climbing for little kids. I can still remember how much my brother and I enjoyed climbing them.
This is gymnastics for country kids as well, homeschool PE. Oh, and science as well of course. We homeschoolers are multi-taskers!
This big tree right here at the high end is over my head. Luke walks all the way across it, Lily walks about half-way and then scoots on her butt- she is getting braver every time though!
No comments:
Post a Comment