The Stomach Flu! Yuck! Happily my dishes turned out well. If you checked out my links you would have seen though that I went with more traditional dishes this year, just picked ones that were naturally gluten/grain/dairy(except for butter) free. I never eat white sugar, well exceedingly rare and minimal amounts. This year I decided that I would try to be more "normal". Generally even for the holidays I keep my diet(aka as my way of eating- not that I am trying to lose weight) pretty strictly. So, I made sugar laden sweet potato casserole, sugar -filled chocolate pie and pumpkin crumb cake drowning in sugar as well.
To be truthful I thought it tasted yummy, although pretty sickingly sweet. I didn't overindulge for our meal but did have a bit of everything. I was running high on sugar all day. My husband who generally eats much more sugar than me, quite enjoyed everything.
Come Thursday night I could not go to sleep, at all. I felt like my blood sugar was through the roof and I was all jittery. After laying there 2 hrs I then realized that I was going to be sick and thoroughly evacuated everything I ate that day. Sigh, I told Brian I could never make it as a bulimic. On the bright side though I don't even want to look at anything with sugar ever again. That stuff is poison. Christmas I am doing grain and sugar free!
In other news our butter trail seems to be going well. Ava got a hold of some as well, she gnawed some off of the stick, along with some paper. She has seemed perfectly normal, sleeping fine, no skin issues and no digestion issues. She also got some dogfood at Mom's house, not sure how much she ingested before I caught her, but she seems to have came through that ok as well- and it had all manner of nasty things in it. Maybe, I will have a child with normal digestion? Perhaps, my strict diet while pregnant and nursing has helped? I am now feeling encouraged we might try some cream now. In the hierarchy of tolerance of dairy it is ghee, butter, cream, yogurt, hard cheeses, cheese and milk. I will try not to get excited but icecream with straight cream is heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment