Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Menu Plan


As this week is Thanksgiving week it should be a fairly easy one on the cooking front, well for me anyway. We are expected to do the usual Holiday rounds so will be making two stops for Thanksgiving. At my parent's house my Mom goes out of her way to make us safe food and then always sends us home with extras. Generally, there is nothing for us to eat at the in-laws but we go to visit.

Brian also has taken off some this week as well and of course has off some for Thanksgiving. It is a break week for homeschooling also, so all in all things will be rather laid-back around here.

Monday: Southwest Chicken and Chickpea Soup
Tuesday: Cottage Pie(topped w/ mashed cauliflower)
Wednesday: Peppersteak, Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes
Thursday: Thanksgiving! Dinner out!
Friday: Leftover Thanksgiving feast!
Saturday: Crockpot Stew

I hope to make some dishes to accompany our Thanksgiving meal as well. I am wanting to try a grain-free stuffing recipe and some sort of dessert. I tested out a mousse recipe yesterday, but unfortunately it did not turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment